- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Delicious Low Sugar Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies (Vegan)
These cookies smell so good that you'll want to eat them all before they even have a chance to cool!
Quick, Easy, Healthy, and Delicious!
This recipe is perfect in so many ways. It's quick and easy to make, it's relatively healthy for a dessert (make sure to check out the fun pumpkin facts below), it's addictingly delicious, and it's safe to eat for all you vegans out there.
When fall comes around, this is my number one go to dessert recipe.
When it comes to the ability to invoke deep feelings of instant joy and comfort, It's tough to compete with the smell of pumpkin and cinnamon on a crisp, cool autumn day, but if there is something that's going to compete with this tantalizing scent, it's got to be the taste of these moist and delicious morsels.
You really can't go wrong with this recipe. It's low sugar, but unlike many other low sugar recipes, it's still sweet enough that nobody would guess that it has half the sugar of your average cookie recipe.
Try this recipe (at the bottom of this article) and see for yourself. These cookies are bound to become a family favorite!
- Fruity and Delicious Crumbly Cake
This simple recipe is perfect for summer time when there is an abundance of fresh fruits and berries, but it is just as delicious using frozen or canned fruit. It will quickly become a favorite!
Yes! This is a Vegan Recipe!
Whether you are vegan yourself, or you have had the experience of hosting a gathering where vegan friends are going to be present, you'll probably be glad to discover that this recipe is totally safe for you and your vegan friends.
While it probably won't be a surprise to you or any of your vegan friends, the rest of your friends may be amazed to discover that cookies can be this delicious even without adding eggs.
What a blessing to find a delicious cookie recipe that is free of eggs right?!
It's going to make you so grateful that you will want to start celebrating Thanksgiving early, or it might just make you want to eat pumpkin cookies so much that you start celebrating Thanksgiving early.
I don't think it's ever too early to enjoy delicious pumpkin cookies.
Great For Halloween Parties and Other Fall Gatherings!
Because this is a vegan recipe, it's great for social gatherings. I always feel bad when I go to a party and see people feeling left out, because there's not any food there that they can actually eat.
This recipe solves that problem for many people.
Just don't be surprised when you have all kinds of people coming up to you throughout the party requesting your cookie recipe. These cookies are quite addicting and once your friends eat one or two, they are going to be wanting more.
- Delicious and Healthy Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
These rich and moist muffins are absolutely delicious and surprisingly low in sugar. They are perfect for those summer days when you have more zucchini than you know what to do with.
A Few Fun Pumpkin Facts Before You Start Cooking
Here are a few nutrition facts about pumpkin that are going to make you even more excited about eating cookies full of this healthy squash:
- 1 serving of pumpkin pie filling has 476% of the suggested daily value of vitamin A.
- 1 serving of pumpkin pie filling has 90% of the suggested daily value of dietary fiber.
- 1 serving of pumpkin pie filling has 14% of the suggested daily value of potassium.
- 1 serving of pumpkin pie filling has less than 3 calories from fat.
Did you know...?
- The tradition of carving pumpkins comes from the celebration of All Hallow's Eve in Ireland, but instead of carving pumpkins (which aren't native to the area), the Celtic people carved rutabagas and turnips?
- At one time pumpkins were thought of as a cure for freckles.
- The heaviest pumpkin ever grown was grown in Switzerland in 2014. It weighed 2,323 pounds. The heaviest pumpkin grown in North America as of September 2015 weighed 2,145 pounds.
One of the best things about vegan cookie dough is that you don't have to worry about raw eggs when you sneak a taste!
How long before I can enjoy the deliciousness?
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey, or a little more depending on how low sugar you want your cookies to be
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin
- 2 cups vegan chocolate chips, you can use regular chocolate chips if you're not worried about being vegan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl mix flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and spices.
- Using a mixer, combine coconut oil, honey, vanilla, and pumpkin.
- Gradually add in dry ingredients
- Use a spoon to drop dough onto a baking sheet, and then bake for 12 minutes or until cookies are beginning to brown around the edges.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for a minute or two and then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Eat and enjoy deliciousness!