- Food and Cooking
Delicious Oreo Dessert No Bake Recipe With Cream Cheese
Calling All Oreo Lovers!
Here is a delicious Oreo dessert No bake recipe that is guaranteed to get everyone's attention during any event.
At my house we call it Oreo Heaven, and I actually get requests to make this special dessert at all of our family functions.
My kids have chose this as their birthday cake for the last few years now. Be prepared to become known, and sought after for this recipe. I'm not kidding either, you'll see!
This dessert takes about 20 minutes to put together, but it has to chill for at least 12 hours! I always plan to make ours 24 hours ahead of time, it just seems to set and taste better that way.
- 1 large pkg. of oreo's
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 2 #'s cool whip
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup of confectioners sugar
- 1 large instant chocolate pudding
- Crush the whole bag of cookies, and set aside 1 cup for topping.
- Melt butter, mix with the remaining crushed cookies. Press into an non greased 9x13 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, and confectioners sugar until well blended.
- Fold in 2 cups of cool whip.
- Prepare pudding according to directions on the box.
- Layer cream cheese mixture over cookie crust, then add a layer of pudding.
- Add the rest of the cool whip, and top with the rest of the cookie crumbs.
- Let refrigerate overnight!
This delicious Oreo dessert no bake recipe is best when chilled for 24 hours, but can be eaten in as little as twelve hours.
Save time by crushing the cookies with a blender or a food processor. If you don't have one, try using a zip lock bag for the cookies and use a glass, cup, or rolling pin to crush. Remember to leave a small opening in the bag to prevent explosions from happening.
Follow the pudding instructions for pie filling to make the pudding layer thicker. This will help cake hold together better.
Try freezing for a different twist!