- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Delicious Paneer and Sweetcorn Fried Rice
I am an Asian mom and always wanted to give home cooked healthy food to my daughter. I have some improvised rice dishes that my daughter loves to eat and which are easy to make in a hurry.
I usually make this recipe when I have the 2 main ingredients; Sweet corn and Paneer.
This is healthy! Delicious! Easy to Make and quick!
What is Paneer?
Paneer is cottage cheese made out of fresh milk and a souring agent. You can buy paneer from any super market or even make your paneer at home with just 2 ingredients (Milk and a souring agent such as lime) easily at home which is far better than store bought paneer. Detailed instructions on how to make Paneer at home.
Basmathi rice – 250 g
Paneer cut into very small cubes – 1 cup
Sweet corn – 1 cup
Soya sauce – 1 tbsp
Salt – 1 tsp
Leeks or Cilantro chopped
Carrot diced – 1 cup
Onion – ½ cup
Garlic chopped 1 tsp
- Wash the Basmathi rice about 3 – 4 times until you get clear water
- Cook the Basmathi rice with some salt, Salt helps to flavor the rice and also avoid the stickiness of rice.
- Season the paneer with some tomato sauce, soya sauce, salt and olive oil and cover the cubes well. Let it rest for 10 minutes
Best Wok to prepare the perfect rice dishes
- In medium heat add some butter and a tea spoon of olive oil and fry the paneer cubes until they turn light golden colour.
- Remove the paneer cubes from the pan and now add the garlic, onion, carrot, sweet corn respectively. Add the soya sauce, tomato sauce and cover with the lid in high flame. The steam inside the sauce pan and the remaining butter will saute the vegetables.
- Now add the Basmathi rice and mix well. Add fried paneer and leaks/cilantro and mix well.
Serve with a salad or just as it is. This is lovely in colour and so flavorful. This is a very good healthy dish for vegetarians.
- Adding button mush rooms would be a good option for vegetarians as mushrooms are full with proteins
- For a sea food lovers, adding some shelled prawns when frying the paneer would be super delicious.
- I don’t add bell paper as my daughter doesn’t like but adding diced red bell paper makes this dish a rainbow effect.
- You can keep this dish and keep for 2 days. If you want to keep more than 2 days in the refrigerator, please don’t add onion.
- If your kid does n’t like to eat rice you can substitute rice with rice noodles.