Delicious Peanut Butter Balls
Peanut Butter Balls
Peanut butter ball recipes date back to approximately the early 1930's. Peanut butter has become a staple of American cuisine. Being from Georgia, a state where there are lots of peanuts produced, I can't help but love peanuts in any form or fashion and peanut butter is one of my favorite ways to enjoy them. These delicious balls of peanut butter are dipped in chocolate and are pure heaven to the peanut butter connoisseur's taste buds. I for one love these little heavenly bites. Peanut butter balls (also known as buckeyes) make good anytime treats but are an excellent addition to a party or shower. They also make a wonderful homemade Christmas gift. Give this recipe a try. I think you and your family and friends will enjoy them just as much as my family does.
- 3 cups peanut butter, creamy
- 1 1/2 sticks margarine or butter
- 1 1/2 boxes powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 12 oz bags semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/8 lb paraffin wax, (used for candy, it is edible)
- Cream together the peanut butter and margarine with hands.
- Gradually add powdered sugar a little at a time. Keep mixing together.
- Add the vanilla and mix together well.
- Roll this mixture into balls about the size of a teaspoon.
- In a double boiler (or pot inside a bigger pot, surrounded by water), melt the chocolate chips and the wax.
- Once melted stir it well and dip each ball into the chocolate mixture.
- Place them on a sheet of wax paper to harden. Enjoy!