Delicious Poached Pears With Raspberry Sauce
This poached pear with raspberry sauce is fairly new to me, as i'm sure it's new to you as well. I was talking to a restaurant chef and he told me this was so delicious and he was so right. This makes a wonderful dessert and side dish for a family dinner or special occasion. This delicious sauce makes these poached pears 100 times better than before! I even managed to get my young cousin to eat pears and she hates them! This is something I will be keeping on my kitchen shelf for the rest of my life, and you should too.
Delicious poached pears smothered in a thick and sweet raspberry sauce. Is a wonderfully made desert, easy to make, and extremely healthy as it is only 167 calories. If you are looking for something sweet like this to add to your kitchen table you will not be disappointed!
- 4 medium pears, cored and peeled
- lemon juice
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups frozen, lightly sweetened red raspberries, thawed
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- Cut a thin slice off the bottom of each pear so it stands; rub pears with lemon juice. In a large saucepan, bring water to boiling. Place pears upright in pan. (add additional water to cover pears, if necessary, to prevent pears from turning brown.) Return to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or till tender. Chill pears in cooking liquid.
- For sauce, place berries in a blender container or food processor bowl. Cover and blend or process till pureed; Press berries through a sieve to remove seeds.
- Place berries in a small saucepan; stir in wine and sugar. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes or till reduced to 3/4 cup, stirring occasionally. Chill.
- To serve, spoon most of the raspberry sauce onto 4 serving plates. Remove pears from poaching liquid; place upright in sauce. Spoon remaining sauce over pears. Serves 4.
167 calories, 2 g protein, 43 g carbohydrate, 1 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 332 mg potassium.
Thanks for reading and good luck on your taste filled adventure!