- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Delicious Potato Chip Cookies
Potato Chip Cookies
A Simply Delicious Sweet & Salty Cookie
These cookies are the perfect mixture of sweet and salty. They are a simple shortbread cookie made even better by adding chopped pecans and crushed potato chips. It combines two all time favorites, chips & cookies to create one magnificent treat. Once you taste these little beauties, you will not be able to stop with just one. I am providing the basic recipe, but you can include butterscotch or chocolate chips to add variety. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups flour, plain
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups plain potato chips, crushed
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening and the brown and white sugar together.
- Sift the flour and baking soda together into the sugar & shortening mixture
- Add the crushed up chips, pecans, and the vanilla. (I put chips in a large ziploc bag, seal it, and crush away)
- Drop the mixture by the spoonful onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes at 325 degrees. Yummy!