Delicious Pumpkin Nut Bread
Its fall and all kinds of delicious veggies and fruits are in season. A staple of fall of course is Pumpkins! I make this taste pumpkin bread and have it in the morning with my coffee (or tea) and just a little butter or even jam. This is also great to make and freeze for later.
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 Cups sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups cooked or canned pumpkin
- 4 tsp. soda
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour 3 loaf pans. You can you cooking spray for this before you flour your pans.
- Mix together oil, eggs, water and the pumpkin.
- Sift flour into a separate bowl with the cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and sugar. Make a well in the center of this mixture and add the pumpkin mixture and blend until the dry ingredients are combined.
- Place mixture into the 3 loaf pans and bake for 1 hour. To make sure that the bread is done use a toothpick or butter knife poke the center of the bread. If it comes out clean its ready.
- Cool. Cut and serve with butter or your favorite jam.