Delicious Pumpkin Seed Brittle Recipe
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Coat the paper with a thin layer of butter. Set aside.
- Stir sugar, corn syrup and water in a saucepan over high heat until sugar is dissolved. Let cook until candy thermometer registers 270 degrees (this takes a while). Stir now and then.
- Once the mixture reaches 270 degrees, add the pumpkin seeds and stir. Continue stirring until the candy thermometer reaches 290 degrees (hard crack stage). Some of the seeds will pop. The syrup will get an amber color.
- Remove from heat. Add baking soda and butter. Stir rapidly. The mixture will foam.
- Pour the mixture onto the prepared parchment paper and smooth with a spatula.
- Let cool completely and break into pieces.