Delicious Recovery Smoothie Recipes for After YOUR Hard Workout (Includes Veggies and Fruit)
Just as promised! I have compiled some of my favorite recipes for YOU! It's important after you finish a hard workout that you replenish your body and muscles with one of these shakes/smoothies EVERY time. When you work out, you literally "rip" your muscles. When they recover and mend themselves, they become stronger. With these recipes, you will be able to help them grow back quicker AND stronger! Not to mention, they are pretty delicious! So, here we go!!
Alright everybody! I'm going to list all of the ingredients that will be needed for every smoothie. There will be three different recipes in this hub, so you won't need to use all the ingredients for one smoothie. I will tell you what is in each smoothie and you just add what is needed!
- Blueberries (Fresh or Frozen)
- Apple Juice
- Muesli (Kashi works as well)
- Plain Yogurt (Greek works great!)
- Chopped Ginger
- Orange Juice
- Mixed Seeds
The three different smoothies I will share with you are:
- An ALL Day Energizer
- ALL Vegetable
- Protein Power
Let's get to making these delicious smoothies!
- For the All-Day Energizer smoothie, you will need: 1/2 a mango 1/2 a banana Handful of blueberries 4 oz Apple Juice 1 tbsp muesli or kashi 2 tbsp plain yogut Few ice cubes This one is easy. All you need to do is blend!
- Next is the All Vegetable smoothie! 1 carrot 1/2 tsp ginger 1/2 of an Avocado 1/4 Cucumber 1 stick Celery 4 oz Apple Juice Few ice cubes * For a little bit more of a sweet flavor, add a little cinnamon and a pinch of nutmeg * Chop up vegetables in blender, add everything and blend until smooth.
- Last, but not least: The Protein Power smoothie 1 Banana 5 cherries 4 oz orange juice 2 tbsp plain yogurt handful of mixed seeds Few ice cubes Deseed the cherries. Blend everything together.