Quick & Easy Salsa
This salsa is quick and easy to make. It is delicious on tortilla chips, taco salads, and other Mexican dishes. Also great on chicken or heuvos (eggs). You can make this salsa as mild or as hot as you wish by adjusting the amount of jalapenos you use. This recipe makes about 2 cups as written but can be doubled easily. Processing this salsa is easier with a food processor or blender.
Give this salsa a try. It is simply delicious!
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 3 tbsp bottled or canned jalepenos
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 cup yellow or white onion, (not sweet kind)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, course ground
- Put tomatoes, jalapenos, lime juice, vinegar, and spices in the food processor. Process on high for until tomatoes are almost pureed but still a little chunky. The jalapenos should be minced but not over-processed.
- Pour into a bowl. Add the diced onions. Stir well.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight so the flavors blend well.