Holiday Mint Fudge Brownies!
This has been such a hit!! Classic holiday mint brownies used with any candies such as York patties or Andes mints! These holiday treats are easy to make and will definitely stand out from all other desserts. Fudgey, chocolate brownies with a layer of mint candies hardened on top for all your family and friends to enjoy!
Chocolate Brownies with Mint Candy Layer On Top! Great for Holiday Parties!
- 1 Package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch size or larger if needed) - easy brownie mix from grocery stores such as Duncan Hines chewy fudge or favorite homemade mix.
- 1-2 Packages of mint Andes candies or York peppermint patties, generic chocolate mint candies can be used.
- 1 Brownie baking pan according to servings needed.
- Optional - red, green and white sprinkles or broken up candy canes.
- First, bake your brownies according to box directions or home made recipe.
- Right before brownies are completely done baking, take the pan out of the oven. Layer broken up Andes mints or York peppermint patties over the top.
- Place brownies back in the oven for one minute more than allow candies to melt over the top of brownies.
- Take the brownies with candies out of the oven and once you have seen they are almost completely melted, use a fork to spread the melted candies over the top evenly.
- Allow both the candies and the brownies to cool and the top candy layer to harden. Make sure the candies and brownies have cooled down completely before serving this can take an hour or more.
- If doing this for upcoming holidays you can try creative variations - use some green, red, and white sprinkles or even broken up candy canes. Sprinkle any of these fun options on top of mint candy brownies while still hardening.
Timing is a must in this recipe but still simple and easy!