- Food and Cooking»
- Culinary Arts & Cooking Techniques
Diet Book Review: The F-Factor Diet
Let me start by saying that The F-Factor Diet is not another fad diet. This book's subtitle, Discover the Secret to Permanent Weight Loss, accurately describes the mission of this text. Written by leading nutritionist Tanya Zuckerbrot, M.S., R.D., this book proposes more of a smart plan to good eating than what most people traditionally think of as a "diet".
Whether you want to lose weight or you are just interested in reducing your risks of developing heart disease or diabetes, learning and adhering to the principles of The F-Factor Diet will help you accomplish your goal. The eating plan presented by this publication is also designed to help lower cholesterol and increase energy levels.
The "F" in The F-Factor Diet is fiber. According to Zuckerbrot, fiber is the key to long lasting weight loss that can be accomplished without having to go hungry. The principle is simple: fiber is indigestible and has no calories. The more fiber a food has, the more it contributes to healthy weight loss. The diet doesn't encourage people to eliminate entire food groups from their diets. Instead, dieters are encouraged to add high fiber carbs to their diets.
What You'll Find in The F-Factor Diet Book
- Information about underlying causes of the American "obesity epidemic."
- Detailed information regarding how to begin and continue the diet.
- The reasons why the diet works.
- Details about the fiber content of different foods.
- Recommendations for particular brands of fiber-rich foods.
- Permitted food lists for each phase of the diet.
- Sample menus
- Instructions on how to keep a diet journal.
- Tips for diet friendly food selections in many different types of restaurants.
- Tips for increasing the fiber content of any recipe.
- More than 75 recipes, categorized based on which phase(s) they are appropriate for. (To try a few F-Factor Diet recipes for yourself, see TheFFactorDiet.com).
- Exercise recommendations for dieters.
About the Author
Author Tanya Zuckerbrot has a Master's degree in Nutrition and Food Studies from New York University. She is a professional nutritionist with offices in Miami Beach and New York, and is an accredited member of the American Dietetic Association. She is a member of the Men's Fitness advisory board, and she also contributes to the magazine regularly. Zuckerbrot has been featured on a number of national news programs and talk shows in a wide variety of national magazines.