- Food and Cooking»
- Dietary Restrictions»
- Dietary Restrictions for Health
Dieting Delicious, Cheat Day: Gluten Free Pan Fried Chicken Breast
Healthier Alternatives Of What You Love
At the end of the day, you are not going to restrict yourself from what you love. If you want to eat fried chicken, eat fried chicken. However, there are better ways than others to cook your favorite foods. I eat fried chicken all the time. It is a weekly recipe I thoroughly enjoy. It's easy and fast. Often times, I will make an extra chicken breast or two for lunch the following day or to top on salads later.
- 2-4 chicken breasts
- 1/2 to 1 cup (1/2 if 2 chicken breasts) gluten free bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Trader Joe's dried parmesan cheese, (if you have no breadcrumbs, you can use purely dried parmesan cheese)
- 1 tsp pink himalayan sea salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp onion powder, (for flour)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder, (for flour)
- 1/2 tsp pink himalayan sea salt, (for flour)
- 2 eggs, mixed
- 2-4 tbsp olive oil, ghee, or coconut oil for cooking
- Start by tendering chicken, making it into very thin and even pieces for cooking. Pat the chicken breasts dry with paper towels.
- In a gallon sized baggie, add flour, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt. Add the chicken and shake until covered.
- In a bowl, crack and mix the eggs. Slide the chicken breasts through the eggs on both sides. Do not soak the chicken. Just slide the chicken through until covered in egg.
- In another gallon sized baggie, add gluten free bread crumbs, dried parmesan cheese, sea salt, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, and ground pepper. Add the egg covered chicken, and shake until combined.
- In a skillet at medium heat, add olive oil, ghee, or coconut oil. Be sure the bottom of the pan is fully covered. You need a good amount of oil to prevent the chicken from burning. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken, flipping repeatedly until cooked through. Serve and enjoy!
© 2016 Healthy Habits