Disneyland's Mint Julep
If you have read any of my other Hubs you should know that I love a good mint julep on a nice sunny day! If not, well now you know. I love getting them in the park and walking around New Orleans Square then climbing on the train. If you have never done this i highly recommend it. I have always loved these delicious drinks and it always amazes me that people have never heard of them before. Since Mardis Gras is right around the corner I thought that I would share with you all how to make one! If you are planning on celebrating then this would be a great addition. If not well its a delicious drink! This recipe is very easy and quick and I hope you will give it a try!
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tsp. lime juice concentrate
- 3 cups soda water
- 6 tbsp. Creme DeMenthe
- 6 oz. lemonade concentrate, thawed
- Dissolve the sugar into the soda water.
2. Add lemonade and lime juice concentrate to the soda water mixture.
3. Bring mixture to a boil.
4. Remove mixture from heat and add the Creme DeMenthe.
5. Chill in the refrigerator for a couple of hours before serving.
6. To serve, combine three parts syrup to five parts water.
Just A Few Tips!
- I had the hardest time finding creme de menthe syrup. I went to several stores including BevMo and Walked away empty handed. I did some research online and discovered that torrani makes a creme de menthe syrup. I went to several stores that sell torani and I still couldn't find it. On a whim I decided to go into Smart and Final and they had it!
- Instead of buying soda water I used the Soda Stream Machine to make soda water. We have had it for years and does the job.
- The sugar will take a minute or two to fully dissolve in the soda water. As soon as you pour in the sugar, give it a stir because the sugar will clump together.
- When putting syrup into a container to put into the fridge, I recommend using a funnel. I am super prone to spilling in the kitchen and funnels have become my favorite kitchen accessory. It makes for no clean up! I also used a mason jar to store my syrup in.
- The recipe says to mix water with the mixture. It doesn't specify what type of water but I like to use soda water. It makes it really refreshing!
- I like to serve it like they do in Disneyland: with a slice of lime and a bright red maraschino cherry!
Have you had a mint julep at Disneyland before?
I hope you all have a good Fat Tuesday wether you are celebrating or not. I personally will be drinking mint juleps all day wishing I was in the Big Easy.