- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Disneyland's S'mores Bake
Summertime always has me dreaming to two things: lazy sunny days and making s'mores at night. If you don't know here is a little fun fact about me- I really don't like going to Disneyland in the Summer. It is hot, crowded, and well you really can't do too much there which can be really frustrating because it is so crowded. Don't get me wrong; Disneyland at night in the summer is fun (especially for dates and girl trips). The only bad thing about avoiding the crowds is that I miss out on all my favorite foods. Now I have to tell you some sad news. If you haven't heard Disneyland is building Star Wars Land. Yay for all of the Star Wars fans out there but really sad for all of us who loved the Big Thunder Land Ranch and the BBQ restaurant next to it because they have removed it. If you have ever eaten there you know how fun and delicious the food is! They have, correction, had the best S'mores bake I have ever had. So in honor of it (and summer) I have decided to share how to make it. I made mine a gluten free version so I used gluten free brownie mix and graham crackers instead of regular ones but you don't have to do this. I hope you all enjoy it. It is really easy to make and so delicious!
- 1 box fudge brownie mix
- 1 bag large marshmallows
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbs. hot fudge sauce, warmed
- 8 graham crackers
- Preheat oven to 375. Spray a 9x13 cake pan with cooking spray.
2. Prepare brownie batter per package directions.
3. Pour batter into prepared cake pan.
4. Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the middle comes out with moist crumbs clinging to it.
5. Turn your oven to broil.
6. Place marshmallows over brownies and place back in the oven.
7. Keep the oven door ajar and bake for 1 to 2 minutes keeping a close eye on the marshmallows. They should be golden brown when done.
8. Drizzle hot fudge sauce over brownies.
***I accidentally got a little hasty with the hot fudge sauce and drizzled it on top of the brownies/underneath the marshmallows. I think it still tasted just as good.***
9. Take half of the graham crackers and break them into pieces. Crush the other half into crumbs.
10. Sprinkle crushed crackers over the toasted marshmallows.
11. Place pieces of graham crackers randomly into the bake.
12. Serve immediately!
Just a few tips!
- When I crushed the graham crackers I placed them whole inside of a plastic ziplock bag and used the hot fudge jar to gently crush them. When you do this make sure to squeeze out all the air from the bag otherwise it will pop open and make a mess,
- When toasting the marshmallows really keep your eye on them. They can burn really quickly if you are not careful.
I want S'more please!
This s'mores bake is so delicious and gooey! Even though I messed up with the hot fudge sauce it still tasted really good. As I mentioned before I made mine gluten free but when I passed it out to my family they couldn't even tell. I am so excited for this recipe I will probably be making it all summer long!
I can't even begin to tell you how sad I am that not only the BBQ restaurant is gone but also Thunderland Ranch. I looked forward to getting BBQ in the summer with live music and entertainment and I loved going to the ranch during fall to see the pumpkin carvers and the carnival part; not to mention the characters in their costumes for Halloween. Just like when the Court of Angels closed I feel like Disney is taking away one of the most unique "resting stops" in the park. It is so sad that I will never get to enjoy the holiday seasons here again but hopefully what they are replacing it with will be worth the hype.
© 2016 Lyndsay Gamber