Double Chocolate Chip Desserts 2-in-1
Fast, Easy, Delicious Double Chocolate
This is a recipe that makes double chocolate chip cookies and double chocolate chip muffins. One recipe gives both results, and it takes just a few minutes to get the mixture ready.
Below you'll find the complete recipe with step-by-step instructions written out. There's also a video in case you want to view the recipe in that format, with photos of the recipe being put together near the bottom of the hub. Good luck - and enjoy!
Self Raising Flour Tip
Haven't got any self raising flour? Make your own by combining 1 cup of all purpose flour with 1 teaspoon of baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- 3 oz caster sugar
- 3 oz butter
- 3 oz self raising flour**
- 2 eggs, 1 separated
- 1 oz cocoa powder
- 100 g plain chocolate, or 100 g chocolate bar cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 6 large muffin cases OR 1 lined baking tray
- Preheat the oven to 220c/400f (190c/375f for fan ovens).
- Cream the sugar and butter together.
- Separate 1 egg and keep the white aside.
- Add flour, the other whole egg, the left over egg yolk, vanilla and cocoa powder and blend to make the muffin/cookie mixture.
- Fold in ¾ of the chocolate chips, keeping some behind for the topping.
- Whisk the egg white until stiff, then fold gently into the mixture.
To Make Double Chocolate Chip Muffins
Divide the mixture evenly among 6 large muffin cases and sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top.
Bake for 15 minutes until double in size and springy to the touch.
Makes 6 large muffins.
To Make Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Drop by tablespoonfuls on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper, leaving space for cookies to expand during cooking.
Top with the remaining chocolate chips and bake for 5-7 minutes.
Makes 12-16 cookies.
Note: cooking times vary from oven to oven.