How to Make Dutch Babies - The Dutch Baby Pancake Recipe!
Rate this Dutch Babies Recipe
Ingredients for Dutch Babies Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 4 extra large Eggs
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons Powder Sugar
- 1 Lemon
- 1 cup Maple Syrup
Instructions to Bake Dutch Babies
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the milk, flour, eggs, sugar and vanilla. Put butter in the Le Creuset pot on the inside and melt it in the oven, us the baster to coat the inside of the pan.
- Pour the batter into the le creuset pot and bake for 22 minutes. Reduce the heat to 375 and bake for another 10 minuets or until the dutch baby is browned to taste.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with powder sugar.
- Serve with lemon wedges or fresh fruit, warm syrup, powder sugar, and butter.
Dutch Babies Recipe
- Medium size bowls
- Le Creuset Pot
My History With Dutch Babies
When I was ten years old or so I was introduced to dutch babies at my friends Patrick's house. His mother was an excellent cook, and dutch babies were one of her specialties. I liked them so much I got my parents to make them. It turns out not many people make them, and they are rarely on restaurant menus.
When we moved back to the Bay Area I discovered them on the menu of The Original Pancake House in Mountain View, CA. They serve an excellent Dutch Baby complete with warm syrup, powersugar, whipped butter and lemon wedges. I washed it down with a cup of coffee. Yum!
Dutch babies when prepared correctly are served warm, the texture is light with air pockets, and no two dutch babies look exactly a like. Which you would probably expect when you find out that eggs and milk make up the two main ingredients.