Easiest Ice Cream Delights Recipe
Easiest Ice Cream Delights, Made for Two
About this ice cream and brown sugar recipe
A can't-miss hit with ice cream lovers! Layers of ice cream separated by brown sugar and, optionally, topped off with whipped cream and a cherry. Fast, fun, and easy to make, also. This is the answer when unexpected guests arrive, such as the neighbors on their evening walk..
Time to Find Your Crystal Parfait Dessert Glasses
Cook Time=0, Prep Time=3 minutes/guest
The Simple Ingredients
- about 4-5 C Vanilla Ice Cream, The colder, the better
- about 6 TBsp Brown sugar (light or dark), Make sure it isn't lumpy! Use a sugar sifter
- 6 (or one per diner) Dessert glasses, preferably chilled or iced
- (optional) Whipped cream
- (optional) Cherries (at least 1 per dessert)
Assembling the Ice Cream Layers Quickly
Instructions for Assembling Layers of Ice Cream Quickly (BEFORE They Melt)
- Take all but 2 of the dessert glasses and put them in the freezer as you take out the ice cream. You'll have to work fast, rather than perfect, to get this done before the ice cream melts.
- Use a teaspoon to spoon up about 1/4 to 1/3 the height of your dessert glass of ice cream. Pat the ice cream down and make the top as flat as possible. (This will be easier with the colder glasses in the freezer.)
- Using a spoon carefully or a sugar-shaker, cover the top of the ice cream with a thin but visible line of brown sugar.
- Put these two glasses in the freezer, remove 2 other glasses, and repeat steps 1-4 until all of the glasses are filled almost to the brim (usually about 3 layers of ice cream total), depending on your dessert glass size.
- Topping: I prefer, personally, to pile on the brown sugar to top off this dessert, but you may alternatively use whipped cream and possibly a cherry if you have some available.
- Now that they're all done, wipe off any ice or ice cream that may have accidentally gotten on the outside of the glasses and serve them immediately with spoons and napkins.
Other recipes you might like
- Fun, Cold, and Spicy-Hot Taco Roll-Up Party Snacks!
These Taco Roll-Ups are great party snacks because they are easy to make, convenient because you prepare them the night before the party, require no cooking or baking, and they're fun to eat, too!
- Think Cookie: A Dry Oatmeal, Raisin, Fiber, and Carbs Snack Mix Recipe -- Easily Adjusts for Special
A fun, easy-to-make recipe for snack mix. High fiber and high-carb. Long shelf life and freezes well, too. Great after-school snack. Flexible ingredients for special diet needs such as allergies.
- Authentic Swedish Pancakes Recipe: Heat up the Griddle, These are Great!
A simple, quick recipe for thin, authentic Swedish pancakes, almost like crepes, that your whole family will enjoy.
About the Author
Information about the author, a list of her complete works on HubPages, and a means of contacting her and sending fan mail are available over on →Laura Schneider's profile page. But wait--don't go there yet! Please continue scrolling down to leave ratings and any comments you have about this recipe so that it can be improved to best meet your needs. Thank you!
All text, photos, videos, and graphics in this document are Copyright © 2013 Laura D. Schneider unless indicated otherwise or unless in the public domain. All rights reserved. All trademarks and service marks are the property of their respective owners.