Easy, Awesome, Cheeseburger Cups
Yummy! Hamburger Cups
This recipe can be made in less than 1/2 hour just by itself. If you are pairing it with tater tots or fries (baked) you will need about 45 minutes from start to finish, depending on your state of mind, lol. Any veggie is good, my guys all ask for corn too. If you want something healthier to offset the carbs, I recommend green beans, especially longer "fancy" ones or bean and carrot blend. I usually buy those at Aldi's or WalMart, but even Kroger has them on sale frequently. Sometimes they are called Prince Edward Blend. But I digress, so let's get started.
Cook Time Just Entree
- 1 pound Hamburger, Cooked, crumbled
- 1/2 cup Ketchup
- 2 tsp Worcester Sauce, See substitute #4 below
- 1 Tbsp Mustard
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 can Large Biscuits, or two cans small bisuits
- 4 slices Cheese, American, or other choice
Great for Hamburger Cups
When baking it is best to use the same type of pan for all the items being baked. Such as all metal or all glass, etc. Since metal baking pans are available in all shapes and sizes I have shown them and recommend them for both inexperienced and experienced bakers. If you prefer glass or darker coated pans remember to note whether they cook faster at the temperatures noted and adjust your oven by 25 degrees lower if needed.
- Preheat oven to 400° and spray a muffin pan with cooking spray lightly.
- Cook hamburger with salt and pepper to taste if you wish, then drain. While draining meat, press biscuits flat and insert in muffin pan cups so they come up above edges slightly.
- If using large biscuits you will have eight cups. If using two small tins of biscuits you will have ten cups. For the small biscuits press two together, flatten and place in muffin cup.
- For meat mixture; add ketchup, Worcester sauce, mustard and brown sugar. You may substitute (1+1/2 tsp of soy sauce, 1/2 tsp lemon juice & a dash or 2 of chili powder) for the Worcester Sauce. (that's what I do :)
- Cook till combined and divide evenly for all biscuits.
- Place pan in center oven and cook 10 minutes.
- Divide each slice of cheese in half, fold each piece in half and place centered on hamburger cup. Return pan to oven for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand for 3-5 minutes.
Tater Tots (jelly roll pan)
Cook Time with other courses
If you want to prepare Tater Tots and veggies, start preheating the oven and then preparing the ground meat.
- Once preheated, put the Tater Tots in the oven on a shallow sided metal pan treated with cooking spray. The pan should be in the center or slightly above center of the oven.
- Set the timer for 15 minutes and continue preparing the Hamburger Cups.
- When the timer goes off, move the Tater Tots pan to the oven's lower rack and put the Hamburger Cups on the upper rack.
- Reset the oven timer for 10 minutes.
- Now start cooking the veggies while you wait for the hamburger mix and biscuits to cook in their cups. (You can also rinse a few of the utensils you used if you want :-)
- When the timer goes off, put the cheese on the Hamburger Cups and return them to the oven. Shake or turn over the Tater Tots and leave in the oven with the cups.
- Reset the timer for 5 more minutes. Check your veggies during this time and when done:
- Drain the veggies and add butter, salt and pepper to taste (or season any way you wish!)
- When the timer goes off everything should be done. You will have an entree, and two sides with the bread included :).