- Food and Cooking
Good Tasty Baked Chicken
Easy Baked Chicken
Baking a whole chicken
Chicken lovers want to cook the whole chicken and nothing but the whole chicken. All the flavors are there. The juices are amazing and if you want a particular piece it is there, moist and ready to eat.
It is not easy to capture the flavors of a whole baked chicken without cooking a whole chicken. There is not too much time needed to prepare and it taste so good. Even if it is for one person or a whole family, there will be none left over
There are so many meals that can be prepared from the baking of a whole chicken, from salads, soups and stews and don't forget the chicken sandwiches..
Easy Baked Chicken
- 1-4/5 lb chicken, whole
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbls butter or oleo, melted
- 2 tsp thyme, ground
- 2 tsp poultry seasoning, ground
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tsp rosemary, ground
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp paprika, ground
Preparing the chicken
- Wash chicken, inside and out. Remove parts from inside and wash (optional to use, you might freeze them for another use.)
- Place chicken into baking pan and pat dry.
- Melt butter and mix with olive oil.
- Rub the chicken with olive oil and butter mixture.
- Mix dry seasoning in a dish and then sprinkle and rub all over the chicken, top bottom and inside.
- Place onions, garlic around and over the chicken.
- Pour the chicken broth around the bottom of pan (not on top of chicken).
- Make sure you wash your hands each time you handle the raw chicken.
- Bake @ 375 degrees for 2 hrs , or until juices run clear and chicken has browned. Baste frequently.
Pans for your chicken
Whole chicken or chicken parts?
Which do you prefer?
Choosing a chicken
Chicken on the menu
When cooking chicken we think of flavor.Some of us prefer certain parts of the chicken and that is fine.
If you are planning on have guest over it is best to cook the whole chicken, that way everyone will be able to choose the part that they like the best.
Chicken always goes with everything else that is served. Some people have trouble digesting beef so chicken is the way to go.
There are numerous side dishes that can be served with baked chicken. It is simple to prepare without all the fuss and it is always a winner..