What to Eat When You're Broke - Easy Baked Honey Pork Chops - Cheap Dinners
- 3 Tablespoons Honey
- 3 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Cloves Garlic (Garlic powder if no fresh garlic available), Chopped
- 1 Pound Pork Chops, Sliced 3/4-1 inch thick
- 1 Cup Bread Crumbs, Optional
So you are broke and hungry and really don't want to eat fast food that will leave you hungry again in an hour? Great. I specialize in making cheap meals that will leave you feeling full and happy!
Pork chops are one of my favorite meals. There are so many variations they never get boring. This recipe can be altered in many ways. If you get bored you can use soy, add ginger or basil, or lemon juice. Brown sugar can be melted down and used if you don't have any honey at home. I hope you enjoy it! I sure did!
- Pre Heat oven to 425
- Mix honey, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic in a medium size bowl. If you don't have fresh garlic at home add a few shakes of garlic powder. If you don't care for worcestershire sauce much you can leave it out all together and substitute soy, or you can just reduce the amount used.
- Coat your porkchops in honey mixture. I prefer local honey just because of all of it's added benefits but store kind will work.
- Add coated pork chops to bread crumbs and coat well. I use home made crumbs that already have salt and pepper mixed in.
- Add to casserole dish and repeat until all pork chops are coated
Making Home Made Bread Crumbs
If you would rather make your own bread crumbs you will need to pick a day and make a big batch. I pick a good loaf of bread cut it into strips and put it in my dehydrator overnight. Once the bread is hard you can then throw it in the blender on pulse.
After you have it for the most part crumbled you can pick the spices you want to use. I add fresh garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne, salt, pepper, and sage. You can really just mix and match whatever you have in the house. Then store in an airtight container. It will last for a couple months and one loaf will do many meals.
Quick and Easy Recipe!
These make a good quick meal at the end of a long day. You can easily get them ready then throw them in the oven while you get other things done. There's no reason you shouldn't be able to have a good home cooked meal just because you are short on time or money.