- Food and Cooking
Easy Beef Stew
Easy Beef Stew
Beef Stew is so Tasty!
Beef Stew is a favorite around my house. My family enjoys the hearty taste of the beef and the potatoes. I enjoy cooking it especially during the winter months, however, we enjoy it year around. Let me know how you like it. Simplicity and taste are the key. I always use reduced sodium salt and reduced sodium worcestershire sauce.
- 4 lbs Beef Chuck, Cut into bitsize peices
- 8 Cups Water
- 4-8 ounce cans Tomato Sauce
- 3 large white Potatoes, Cut into medium peices
- 5 Medium Carrots, Cut into small peices
- 4 Cups Frozen or Fresh Green Beans, Bite Size
- 2-3 Bay Leaves
- 2-3 Tablespoons Salt & Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Basil, Add 1 Tablespoon when cooking beef add the other directly to the stock pot
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce (Reduced Sodium), Optional
- 1 Onion (medium), Optional
- Cut up Beef into bite size pieces, place in skillet with half cup of water. Add salt & pepper, basil, bay leaf and let the beef brown on the outside. Reduce temperature and cook until done.
- Add cooked beef to stock pot with tomato sauce, water, potatoes, carrots and additional seasonings salt, pepper and basil. Bring to boil and let simmer for 2 hours. Add green beans about 10 minutes before done. Serve with Corn Bread or Biscuits.
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||288|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 32 g||49%|
|Saturated fat 3 g||15%|
|Carbohydrates 42 g||14%|
|Sugar 4 g|
|Protein 8 g||16%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 1000 mg||42%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|