- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Easy Camp Beans
This is one of my favorite camping recipes. We cook it in a pot on our gas camp stove. It would also work well in a dutch oven. I love to eat it with cheese and corn bread or with fritoes and cheese....well anything and cheese really. My mother-in-law makes the beans in a crock pot using the dried beans. I modified the recipe to make it simpler.
- 1 lb. hamburger
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 extra large can or Ranch Style or regular pinto beans, drained
- 1 can of rotel
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tsp. cilantro
- salt and peper, to taste
- grated cheese
- Brown hamburger meat and drain.
- Add onions and cook until tender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except cheese) and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 30 min.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve with grated cheese, onions, fresh cilantro, fritoes, sour cream, and/or corn bread.