- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Easy Caramel Custard Recipe without Microwave Oven Cooking : Steaming Method
Prep time: 2 hours
Cook time: 20 min
Ready in: 2 hours 20 min
Yields: Serves 4
Do you find this an easy dessert recipe?
- Milk - 500 ml (Double Toned)
- Eggs - 2 Nos.
- Sugar - 9 Tablespoons
- Vanilla Essence - 1 Teaspoon
Sugar Caramelizing Process
- Melt 3 tablespoon sugar with 3 table spoon of water in a metal container with a medium flame.
- Wait until it is golden brown to form Caramel. Take out of the flame.
- Pour the hot caramel in a flat bottom bowl/mold until it covers the base. Allow it to cool.
- Pour 500 ml Milk, 2 Eggs, 6 tablespoon Sugar and 1 teaspoon Vanilla essence into a blender and blend it very well.
- Now pour the blended mixture into the bowl/mold over the caramel.
- Steam it for 20 minutes in high flame.
- Allow the preparation to cool down.
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Put a plate above the mold and turn it upside down.
- Serve cold!