Easy Carrot Cup Cake Kraze
Rate Easy Cup Cakes
- 1 box Carrot Cup Cake mix, (makes 12 cup cakes) (Preferred: Duncan Hines or Betty Crocker mix)
- Icing Ingredients
- 2-3oz packages cream cheese at room temp
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temp, (that's 1 stick of butter)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups powder sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts)
- Frosting Bag and Tips for icing, (these are inexpensive and can be found at most any grocery for less than $10)
- Make cupcake batter as directed on box
- For the Cream Cheese icing -- in a bowl beat with an electric mixer the cream cheese, butter, vanilla until smooth
- Gradually add in the powdered sugar with the beater running in the mixture until smooth
- After the cup cakes have cooled on a wire rack or I actually put them in the fridge for about 15-20 minutes to speed up the process. Take them out and align for decorating
- If necessary cut the tip of the frosting bag and insert the Large Star tip. Fill the frosting bag about 1/2 full and roll down the bag until the frosting is just at the tip
- In a circular motion as if you are drawing a spiral start on the outside of the cup cake top, squeeze the frosting bag and maintain consistency, make a continuous inward circle until the tip is in the c center. Then pull up a bit to finish off the spiral.
- Add a sprinkle of chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts) if desired
Tips and Tricks to an easy but fabulous cup cake
Secrets from my mother, who's baked and cooked for over 45 years. Sometimes it is more about the icing than about the sifting of flour and hand mixing of batter. She would probably faint that I said that out loud and to the public. However, in the recipe the icing is fan fair and presentation. It's not too sweet and not to over powering as to diminish the flavor of the carrot cup cake, it's just the right combination.
These can even be made ahead of time and frozen for later. (Bonus!) If frozen just make sure you take them out of the freezer a day ahead and leave in the refrigerator to thaw.
Carrot cup cakes seem to go over well at most any party, be it kids corner or adult party. Out of the different cup cakes I've made over the years carrot cakes are a winner. So if you in need for a tasty treat to whip up for your next event definitely go with carrot cup cakes you will be delighted!