Easy Cheesy Fiesta Dip
If you're looking for an easy dip for a party, this cheesy fiesta dip not only tastes great but makes an attractive presentation with its bright festive colors. It can be served with tortilla chips, corn chips, crackers or raw vegetables. However, if you plan to use it with vegetables, I recommend using finely shredded cheese.
Amounts are flexible for this recipe and can be adjusted easily to accommodate preferences. For instance, if you prefer more sour cream use the higher amount.
- 16-24 oz. sour cream (lite sour cream tastes fine in this recipe)
- 16-20 oz. picate or taco sauce (if you want chunkier use salsa)
- 16 oz. shredded sharp cheddar (or your favorite cheese)
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 1-2 tomatoes chopped
- 1 can sliced black olives
This is a layered dip and easy to put together at the last minute, if you have your vegetables diced, chopped, and sliced.
- Spread the sour cream evenly over a 9 x 13 baking sheet
- Spread the picante or taco sauce in a layer over the sour cream
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the surface evenly
- Top with chopped green pepper
- Add diced fresh tomatoe
- Finish with sliced black olives
If you don't plan to eat it right away, refrigerate.
Serve with chips or vegetables.
This dip can be changed up easily. Other ingredients you may want to add include:
- Chopped onion
- Seasoned taco meat
- Crumbled bacon
- Green olives
More of My Recipes
- Chocolate Buttersweets Recipe
If you love buttery cookies, cream cheese, coconut, nuts and chocolate, these cookies are a dream come true. Decadent and delicious, Chocolate Buttersweets are like a cookie and candy in one.
- Cantonese Pork
A recipe for Cantonese Pork that mushroom lovers will enjoy. It's a perfect blend of flavors to pleasure the palate.
Pierogies are a delicious Polish dumpling. My great-grandmother learned to make them for her husband, and today for our family they are a traditional dish served for holidays.
- Smothered Steak in Gravy
Steak smothered in gravy and fresh vegetables is an attractive savory dish that can be tweaked to fit your family's preferences.