- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes»
- Quick & Easy Dinners
Easy Chicken Curry with Potatoes and Carrots
Curry (can be) so simple to make. With its minimal ingredients, you have a dish that is so full of flavour and makes your house smell so delicious in no time. It is such a warming dish that makes you wanting more after every bite! Some curries are very rich in flavour due to the coconut milk, however as this dish is balanced with potatoes and carrots, it is the perfect combination.
- 2 Medium-Sized Chicken Breasts, thinly sliced
- 3 Medium-Sized Carrots, sliced into 1/2 in slices
- 4 Medium-Sized Potatoes, sliced into chunks
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 4 Basil Leaves, optional
- 4 tablespoons Curry Powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Garlic Salt
- 1/2 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1/4 tablespoon Cayenne Powder
- Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Water
- Turn on a pot to medium-heat. Add oil and garlic. Once heated, add diced chicken and let cook until fully cooked through (i.e: No longer pink).
- Next, throw in the carrots and potatoes into the pot and mix around for a couple of minutes. Next, add can of coconut milk. Add brown sugar, curry powder, garlic salt, cayenne pepper, and chilli powder, black pepper, water and optional basil. Mix around until spices and coconut milk/water are well combined.
- Turn down heat to low and let simmer for about 35 minutes. Serve over a bed of rice and enjoy!
- Additional vegetables that can be added to the recipe include cauliflower or eggplant
- Instead of chicken breast, you can use chicken thighs/drumsticks or if you would like to make it vegetarian, use tofu instead.