Easy Chicken Stock Recipe
There is no way easy to add a homemade taste to almost anything you make than homemade Stock. This is a straightforward and yummy stock recipe I have made for years. My kids love it, and I use it in everything from gravy to casseroles. Once you have good stock in your freezer, you can find a hundred things to do with it.
A good tip when making stock is to freeze some for a later time. You can even freeze some in ice cube trays for a small amount whenever you need a little bit. I hope you enjoy it.
- 1 chicken carcasses from roasted chicken, or whole baked chicken cut up
- 1-2 large onion, peeled and cut in half
- 3 Carrots with tops, cut to fit in you stock pot
- 2 parsnips, cut in half
- 3 celery tops and all, cut in half
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 bay leaves
- to taste salt and pepper
- Add everything to the stock pot, cover with water
- Let simmer for 4 hours every hour or so, skim the top of fat and thick white stuff that forms on the tip
- Strain into a bowl and remove all the vegetables and bay leaves. Use as needed or let cool and freeze.
© 2012 Brenda