- Food and Cooking»
- Cooking Ingredients
Easy Chicken Stock Recipe
There is no way easy to add a homemade taste to almost anything you make then home made Stock. This a very easy and yummy stock recipe I have made for years. My kids love it, and I use it in everything from gravy to casseroles. Once you have good stock in your freezer you can find a hundred things to with it.
A good tip when making stock is to freeze some for a later time. you can even freeze some in ice cube trays for a small amount when ever you just need a little bit. I hope you enjoy.
- 1 chicken carcasses from roasted chicken, or whole baked chicken cut up
- 1-2 large onion, peeled and cut in half
- 3 Carrots with tops, cut to fit in you stock pot
- 2 parsnips, cut in half
- 3 celery tops and all, cut in half
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 bay leaves
- to taste salt and pepper
- Add everything to stock pot, cover with water
- Let simmer 4 hours every hour or so skim top of fat and thick white stuff that forms on tip
- strain into a bowl and remove all the vegetables, and bay leaves. Use as need or let cool and freeze.
- Recipes: Creamy watercress soup - by Trish303 - Helium
Watercress is one of the forgotten super foods with health benefits that range from breaking up kidney or bladder stones, stimulating the thyroid,..., Trish303
- The Best Southern Buttermilk Biscuits
- DIY Spice Blends
- Pumpkin Pancakes For Fall
The best Pumpkin Pancakes for cold fall and winter morning. A perfect use for left over pumpkin.
- DIY Pumpkin Spice Latte
- How To Make My Homemade Marinara Sauce With Fresh Tomatoes
My Homemade Marinara Sauce With Fresh Tomatoes