- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Easy Chinese Noodle Salad Recipe (Liang Ban Mein)
I love everything about noodle either Asian style of noodle or Italian pasta. Our family enjoy varieties of noodle dishes ranging from stir-fry, soup to salad. Noodle salad is one of the easiest salad. Any one can make it at home. It's very simple but tasty . The dressing is light and low in fat.
This is my super duper noodle salad recipe, a vegetarian salad for everyone. Its loaded with fiber. This gingerly salad is just amazing. Serve it cold or at room temperature. If you love hot spicy salad, add 1 teaspoon of chili sauce or sriracha sauce. This salad is usually served on hot summer days. It's great for picnic or bbq party.
This recipe calls for Chinese egg noodles, but you can substitute it with any ramen noodles such as Maruchan and Nissin instant ramen.
What You Need
Serves 4 - 8
1/2 lbs Chinese egg noodles
2 carrot, julienned
2 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
2 spring onions, cut into diagonal slices
1 tbsp pickled ginger, chopped
3 tsp sesame oil
3 tbsp white vinegar
2 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp sesame seeds, roasted
How to Fix
- Bring to a boil 2 quarts of water. Cook the noodles in boiling water for about 5 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Drain. Set aside.
- Blanch the carrot in boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Then drain.
- In a mixing bowl, combine noodles, carrot, lettuce, spring onions, pickled ginger, sesame oil, vinegar, sugar, salt, and soy sauce. Mix thoroughly. Add chili paste or sliced red hot chili if you like.
- Transfer to a salad platter and garnish with roasted sesame seeds. Serve cold.
- Chinese Stir-Fried Mongolian Lamb Recipe
How to stir-fry lamb. A Mongolian inspired dish.
- Stir-Fried Chinese Water Spinach (Ong Choy) With Fermented Bean Curd Recipe. How To Make Vegetarian
How to stir-fry ong choy or water spinach.
- Chinese Stir-Fried Shrimp With Sichuan Peppercorn Recipe
How to make spicy shrimp with Sichuan peppercorn. Spicy but tasty
- Chinese Stir-Fried Clams With Bean Sauce And Chili. How to Stir-Fry Clams !
How to stir-fry clams with bean sauce and spicy chili. A tasty seafood dish.
- Sichuan Dry-Fried Green Beans Recipe (Gan Bian Si Ji Dou)