- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Easy Chocolate Pot de Creme
Pot de creme is incredibly rich and decadent. The individual serving "pots" make this fun to eat. This recipe is an incredibly easy version to create. A simple recipe calls for quality ingredients. Use the finest chocolate you can get your hands on for this dish. Dress up these individual desserts any way you like - nuts, whipped topping, cherries, mint leaves, etc. Or, make it a Sundae bar!
Rate This Recipe
- 5 Egg yolks, Slightly beaten
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 10 oz Milk Chocolate, (I used Guittard Chips)
- 4 oz Bittersweet Chocolate, (I used Baker's)
- Place the chocolates in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Mix together egg yolks, cream, milk, sugar, and salt. Place in a double boiler and heat to 175F while stirring rapidly with a spatula. If you do not have a thermometer, heat until very hot but do not let the mixture boil, and watch for coagulating of the eggs. This is undesirable.
- Pour the hot custard over the chocolate in the food processor. Let the mixture melt for 30 seconds, then puree until smooth.
- Pour into ramekins or tea cups and let cool at room temperature for one hour. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours. Top as desired.
Warm Pot de Creme
© 2017 Melissa Althen