- Food and Cooking
Easy, Efficient Cooking ideas
Cooking is an Art mixed with Chemistry
As I said, a little bit of prudence and concentration on the minute to minutest factors and the elements of cooking can make a great difference in cooking. Cook with artistic skills and smartness using some techniques of chemistry in blending the ingredients in suitable proportions and you will realize it so easy and smooth going in your kitchen. Your cooking job will be just like an artistic presentation of food supported by a proper administration of the chemistry involved in it.
Fundamental Principles involved in Cooking
There are some basic, fundamental principles involved in the cooking task that are to be familiarized with before stepping into your kitchen.
The most important of them are as follows:
- Plan your Food
- Get things Ready for the Cooking
- Look for some Easy and Quick Recipe ideas
- Maintain cleanliness
- Be Conscious of the Cooking Time involved and Affordable
Plan before cooking
How do you plan for your menu
Plan your Food or Menu
Any kind of performance requires some planning. You can't abruptly jump to doing things. You will have to think what to do or for what purpose you are going to do a particular job.
- What is the aim of your action?
- To serve whom or how many persons?
- What are his/ her/ their likes or requirements?
- What to prepare? How many dishes and with what Recipes?
- Is it a Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner?
- Is it for one time or two times or full day?
You must decide all these factors before settling to prepare the food. Only then can you have a complete idea of whatever is required to be cooked or prepared.
Keep Ingredients Ready
Keep things Ready for Cooking
After planning your items to be cooked, you should procure the ingredients necessary for cooking the items. You may also need to keep the kitchen ware items also that are used for the cooking at hand. You should check that you possess all the required ingredients sufficient to prepare your menu or, otherwise, you may amend your menu according to your available stocks.
- Better keep things ready on your kitchen platform by measuring the required quantities and other ingredients required in some plates or containers. Otherwise, if easily accessible, you may directly take them from your storage racks and containers that are nearer to you as and when you prepare the recipe.
- You may make the ingredients ready for cooking the next dish by cutting them preferably into very small pieces and required quantities while you are cooking other dishes so as to save time and fuel.
- Wash and keep items ready for cooking the next dish during the intervals when you may be free while other items are on flame.
Vegetables ready for Cooking
Look for Easy and Quick| But Healthy Recipe Ideas
Try to make your daily cooking simple and easy to prepare, but never compromise on health factors. Special dishes can be prepared at weekly off or other celebrations. But daily meals should not consume much of your energy and time, keeping in mind other workloads.
- The videos linked here give you some simple ideas for daily cooking which are good for health and supply full calories of energy needed for your daily routine.
- But, always keep in mind that you should keep all things ready at hand, when cooking, so that time and fuel are not wasted.
Easy and Quick Recipe Ideas
Healthy, Nutrient Food preparation Ideas
A clean cooking platform or space is desirable for better cooking. Clumsy places distract your concentration or hinder your efficiency as you may feel discomfort.
- Keep ample space for your working by removing unnecessary things from the workplace. You can keep your cooked items even on your dining table if space is not ample in kitchen.
- If cutting vegetables, place some paper or anything underneath so as to keep the place clean after your work. You may cut the vegetables in the other room or at dining table also.
- Place your spoons, spatula or turners in a plate while using for cooking so that oily and sticky substances do not spoil your workplace or your oven.
- If anything spills out by mistake or by way of overflowing from container or spilling out due to overheating, try to clean it immediately with a cloth, dry or wet, so as not to hurt your joyful spirit.
Space and cleanliness
Are you Efficient at Cookingview quiz statistics
Be Conscious of Cooking Time
While cooking food, it will be easier for you if you know how much time each dish requires for cooking or in preparations required prior to cooking it.
- Keep awareness while preparing each item.
- Calculate time taken in preparations like washing ingredients, cutting vegetables, preparing other ingredients required like grinding spice powder or extracting juices used for cooking or warming cheese and other refrigerated stuff used for cooking.
- Knowledge of the time required and efforts put forth and tools applied all these give you much help in planning your future cookings.
- While cooking in steam cookers, count the whistles taken by the cooker for cooking any kind of stuff. Some recipes require lesser whistles while others require more whistles from the cooker. For example milk cooking requires a single whistle, vegetables may require 2 whistles, rice may take 3 whistles and pulses take 4 whistles to be cooked better. So keep some knowledge of it and you may be free with your other occupations during that counts.
- While cooking in micro ovens, watch the time taken in cooking or roasting of each item, the heat that is maintained in achieving the required cooking. By experimenting for some days, you can easily know and calculate these points and become a master chef.
- Sauteing is a better way of cooking food which is both healthy and energy efficient as it saves fuel and your cooking time.
Some quotes on cooking
A quote from Wolfgang Puck, an Australian American celebrity chef and Restaurateur-
"Cooking is like painting or writing a song. Just as there are so many notes or colours, there are only so many flavors. It's how you combine them that sets you apart."
A quote from Marcel Boulestin, a French chef and Restaurateur-
"Cookery is not Chemistry. It is an art. It requires instinct and taste rather than exact measurements."
Jennifer Lee, the celebrity Film Maker, quotes on efficient cooking like this-
"With wok cooking, you chop things up into little pieces for maximum surface area so they can cook in minutes, if not seconds. Sauteing is energy efficient, baking is not."
P.S. Wok cooking is the way of cooking vegetables and other stuff in long handled fry pans whose bottoms are deep round. You cook using techniques such as stir frying, pan frying, steaming, deep frying, poaching, boiling, roasting, stewing, searing, and many other techniques.
Some important efficient cooking tips
Always be alert while cooking.
Be conscious that you are preparing some stuff in kitchen, even though you may be watching TV or doing some other work during cooking time.
Time consciousness plays important role in efficient cooking. You can attend to the stuff at right point of time. It will prevent burning or excessive cooking and roasting of stuff.
Protect yourself and your hands from heat and burns by using safe handling tools and gloves or even paper and cloth for touching the hot items.