Easy Creamed Corn Casserole Recipe
- (1) 16 oz. package frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 large sweet pepper, chopped
- 1/2 can (approximately 5 1/2 oz.) condensed cream of celery soup
- 4 oz. cream cheese spread with garden vegetables, or with chive and onion
- 1/2 cup (1 medium sized) onion, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 oz. milk
- nonstick cooking spray
- Spray the inside of a 2 quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Thaw the corn in a colander under cool running water. Drain, and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, cook the chopped sweet pepper and onion in butter until tender.
- Add the corn and black pepper. Stir.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together cream of celery soup, milk, and cream cheese spread.
- Combine the corn mixture with the soup mixture, and stir.
- Transfer the mixture to the greased casserole.
- Bake the covered casserole in a preheated 375 degree oven for about 45 minutes, or until heated through. Stir once about half way through cooking.
More Easy Side Dish Recipes
- Easy Brown Sugar-Glazed Baby Carrots Recipe
2 pounds baby carrots; peeled 2 tablespoons of brown sugar 2 tablespoons of margarine or butter A few dashes of salt black pepper; to taste In a large saucepan, bring enough salted water to a...
- Easy Cranberry Sauce Recipe
This easy cranberry sauce recipe only requires 3 ingredients, and takes only 20 minutes to prepare. This recipe will yield approximately 4 cups of fresh delicious cranberry sauce. 4 ups of cranberries (16...
- Easy Garlic Mashed Potatoes Recipe
This flavorful mashed potato dish is the perfect side dish for your meat, poultry, or pork dish. Garlic mashed potatoes are easy to make, and this recipe can be completed from start to finish in about 30...