- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Easy Crock Pot Red Beans and Rice Recipe
Red Beans and Rice
Red Beans and Rice is one of my family's favorites. I am so thankful that this is the recipe the family has liked the best, as it is also the easiest! It is inspired by a Betty Crocker recipe I found years ago, but I haven't been able to find it online, and we do a few things differently, anyway. You can add more hot pepper sauce and Cajun seasoning according to your own taste.
- Prep time: 10 min
- Cook time: 7 hours
- Ready in: 7 hours 10 min
- Yields: Serves 6 hungry people
- 1-2 Cups ham, cooked and cubed
- 14 oz bag frozen, chopped onions, red & green peppers
- 1 (15 oz) can red beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 bay leaf, dried
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 Tbls hot sauce, optional
- 2 Cups rice
- 2-3 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 14 oz smoked sausage, chopped into bitesized pieces
- Put ham, peppers & onions, beans, bay leaf, tomato sauce, and hot sauce into crock pot in the order listed. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.
- About 30 minutes before serving, cook rice according to the directions on the package.
- Stir Cajun seasoning and smoked sausage into the crock pot mixture. Cover and cook on low 30 minutes or high 15 minutes.
- Serve the red bean mixture on top of the rice.