Easy Delicious Homemade Lasagna
Lasagna -- Easy & Delicious Family Meal
Ooeey, Goooey lasagna has always been one of my favorite dishes. I absolutely love the way the cheeses and the tomato sauce blend together with the pasta and create a flavor explosion in my mouth. My family loves lasagna just as much as I do fortunately, so I just prepared this dish last night. If you are a fellow lasagna lover (like me & a certain talking orange cat), then please try this easy and quick lasagna recipe. Your family will surely appreciate your efforts. I suggest serving this scrumptious lasagna with a garden salad and garlic bread.
Looks sooooo good!
- 1 lb ground beef, browned & NOT drained
- 3/4 cup onions, diced
- 2 tbsp oil, I prefer olive oil but vegetable or canola works well too.
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 12 oz can tomato paste, I prefer Italian herb spices in mine.
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp parsley, dried
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp garlic or garlic powder, minced jar kind works well
- 1/2 tsp oregano, dried
- 16 oz ricotta cheese
- 8 oz italian blend cheese, shredded
- 1 cup parmesian cheese, fresh grated is best
- 8 oz package lasagna noodles
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar, optional
- 3 bay leaves, optional
Making Your Delicious Lasagna
- Cook ground beef, chopped onions, and garlic in a large skillet until the beef is brown. Do NOT drain the ground beef.
- While cooking the beef mixture, fill a large pot 3/4 full with water and bring it to a boil. Once boiling add the lasagna noodles and cook until they are flexible, but not mushy. Drain and place cold water over the noodles to make them easier to work with.
- Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, water, oil, vinegar and dried ingredients to the beef mixture. Simmer over medium heat until the sauce thickens. (May be a little thin but that is ok. It cooks into noodles during the baking process.)
- Use a large casserole dish or baking pan to assemble the lasagna. Cover the bottom of the pan with a layer of sauce (about 1/2 to 3/4 cup). Then use four noodles placed side by side lengthwise for your second layer. Cover with about 1/3 of the Italian cheese blend and 1/3 of the parmesian cheese. Add another layer of sauce to cover everything and repeat the meat, cheese, sauce layers twice more. Your lasagna will have sauce and cheese on the top.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.