Easy Dessert Recipes - So Delicious
Ice Cream Desserts are Hard to Beat in the Summer
I am not claiming that these desserts are low calorie, however, they are easy dessert recipes and delicious. They are great for company. It seems like most everyone likes ice cream in hot weather, hence the first two recipes. Remember, moderation is the key.
Pineapple Ice Cream
New mixing paddle makes frozen desserts and drinks in 20 minutes
Large capacity makes up to 1 1/2 quarts
Double insulated freezer bowl eliminates the need for ice
Easy lock transparent lid with large spout makes adding ingredients simple and mess free
Fully automatic with large ingredient spout for adding ingredients
Delicious Frozen Dessert Recipe
This pineapple ice cream is so delicious. We usually don't wait for it to get too hard as it tastes so good when it is still a little soft.
- 2 c. Milk
- 1 1/4 can Pineapple, crushed (including juice)
- 1 (8-oz.) cup Sour Cream
- 1 (I5-oz.) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Combine sour cream and sweetened condensed milk
- Add milk
- Freeze in ice cream freezer according to directions on freezer until partially frozen (actually, almost ready to eat).
- Add pineapple to top of frozen mixture and continue freezing until firm (the pineapple melts it somewhat when added)
- Remove dasher and pack with additional ice and salt and cover as directed in your freezer instructions
- Allow to ripen about 1 hour or store in refrigerator tray in freezer or eat it soft
Yield: 2 quarts
Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Pie
Recipe for Ice Cream Pie
- I/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1 qt. Chocolate Chip Ice Cream, softened
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Syrup
- 1/3 cup Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 cups Rice Cereal, crisp
- Coat bottom and sides of an 8-inch pie plate lightly with butter.
- Combine chocolate syrup and chocolate chips in a small microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on HIGH (100% power) until hot, about 45 seconds.
- Stir until smooth. Reserve l/4 cup of the chocolate mixture.
- Combine remaining chocolate mixture and cereal in a med. bowl and mix to coat cereal.
- Press mixture over bottom and up sides of prepared pie plate.
- Freeze until firm, about 15 minutes.
- Combine reserved chocolate mixture and sour cream in a sm. bowl and mix well.
- Spread half the ice cream in the prepared pie plate.
- Drizzle with half the sour cream mixture. Top with remaining ice cream and drizzle with remaining sour cream mixture.
- Freeze pie, covered, until firm, about 1 hour.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Freezing time: 1 hour.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Low-Calorie Summer Fruit Desserts
This is a little lighter calorie dish but it tastes great and it is easy to make.
- 1 Lemon (up to 2)
- 3 3/4 cups of blueberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 tbsp. water
- 1 container (17.6 0z.) Greek yogurt
- 1 package (3 ounces) ladyfingers
- Mint sprig for garnish
- From lemon(s), grate 1 1/2 teaspoons peel and squeeze 1/4 cup juice.
- In medium saucepan, combine 1 1/2 cups blueberries, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1 tablespoon water.
- Heat on medium 5 minutes, or until blueberries soften and juices thicken, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to medium bowl and stir in 1 1/2 cups blueberries. Set aside.
- Prepare lemon syrup: In microwave-safe small bowl, combine 1/4 cup sugar and remaining 3 tablespoons water.
- Cook in microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Stir in 3 tablespoons lemon juice and 1 teaspoon lemon peel.
- In medium bowl, stir together nonfat yogurt and remaining 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel.
- In 8" by 8" ceramic or glass baking dish, arrange half of ladyfingers.
- Brush with half of lemon syrup.
- Spoon blueberry mixture evenly over ladyfingers.
- Arrange remaining ladyfingers over blueberries.
- Brush with remaining lemon syrup. Spoon yogurt mixture on top, spreading evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, top tiramisu with remaining 3/4 cup blueberries and garnish with mint sprig.
Yield: 8 servings
How to make grilled fruit skewers
This recipe can be put in a 10" x 13" pan or a trifle dish for a fancier look. This delicious recipe was given to me by a dear friend a few years ago and it seems everyone always loves it.
- 3 boxes, 1 large, 2 small vanilla pudding
- 4 cups of milk
- 8 ounces of sour cream
- 8 ounces of Cool Whip (you can use a little more if desired)
- 1 box vanilla wafers
- 6 to 7 bananas
- Mix pudding and milk beating for 2 minutes.
- Add sour cream and Cool Whip.
- Use your choice of pans and layer the vanilla wafers, slim cut bananas and half of pudding.
- Repeat layers.
- Garnish with 1/2 cup crushed vanilla wafers on top.
Yield: About 8 servings.
I hope each of you will find one new recipe to try from this hub. They are great desserts for company as most of them serve several people. Summer goes by quickly and while you can eat any of these desserts year round, they seem to be especially good in the summer.
© 2010 Pamela Oglesby