Easy Dinner Ideas for Chicken Stock - 3 Easy Recipes
Homemade Chicken Stock
In my first cooking lesson, I made homemade chicken stock from scratch for the first time. It was so delicious but it makes a lot so here are my easy dinner recipes using leftovers from my Chicken Dinner Recipe: Cooking Lesson #1.
Main leftover ingredients for the easy dinner recipes are roasted chicken, vegetable stirfry, rice pilaf and homemade chicken stock.
Chicken Stock Storage Tip: Scroll to the bottom of the recipes to find out.
Chicken Rice Soup
Ingredients: leftover chicken, rice pilaf and vegetable stirfry, homemade chicken stock, onion, & three chopped mushrooms.
1. Bring a pot of homemade chicken stock to a boil.
2. Add one chopped onion to simmer first for 10-15mins.
3. Add chopped chicken, chopped vegetable stirfry, mushrooms, and rice pilaf.
4. Season with pepper, rosemary & parsley (fresh is best).
5. Stir and taste. Ladle into bowls and enjoy.
Rice, Vegetable and Sausage Stirfry
Ingredients: leftover chicken stock and rice pilaf, chopped hot Italian sausage, onion, garlic, green pepper, and three mushrooms. Just one cup of the homemade chicken stock. Basically that was what was in the fridge, if you have other vegetables or meat instead, use those.
1. Fry sausage in pan with oil and add chicken stock as necessary. (Since it's chopped it will cook faster).
2. Add chopped onion, garlic, green pepper, and mushrooms.
3. Add rice pilaf and stirfry. Add chicken stock as necessary as it cooks.
Wonton Noodle Soup
Ingredients: homemade chicken stock, frozen shrimp and pork wontons, bbq pork slices (optional), baby bok choy, ramen noodles.
1. Bring pot of chicken stock to a boil. Season with pepper.
2. Add frozen wontons and bring to a boil for 5-10 mins depending on instructions.
3. Add ramen noodles and simmer for 3 mins.
4. Add baby bok choy and bbq pork (optional).
Homemade chicken stock brings its flavour and has no MSG or unnecessary salt content. There is no longer any need for the seasoning packs that come with instant noodles.
How to Store Chicken Stock
Even with using the homemade chicken stock almost everyday, the stock pot was full. Here is an easy way to store your chicken stock for future use.
1. Put in ice cube trays. Buy separate ones for stock and you can even colour code. (Blue is for Chicken Stock, White is for water).
2. Once cubes are frozen, put them in a freezer bag for future cooking needs.