- Food and Cooking
Easy Egg Salad Recipe
Using just 5 ingredients, this easy egg salad recipe is perfect for making quick and delicious brown-bag lunches. Combine an egg salad sandwich with a piece of fruit to create an inexpensive packed lunch for school or work.
- 8 eggs, hard-boiled with shells removed and chopped (see quick tips)
- 3 green onions, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons diced pimiento
- 1 1/2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- salt, (optional)
- black pepper, (optional)
- Place the chopped hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped green onions and diced pimiento in a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Stir in the yellow mustard and mayonnaise.
- If desired, season your egg salad to taste with salt and black pepper.
|Serving size: 1/4 of total recipe|
|Calories from Fat||144|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 16 g||25%|
|Saturated fat 4 g||20%|
|Unsaturated fat 12 g|
|Carbohydrates 3 g||1%|
|Protein 14 g||28%|
|Cholesterol 428 mg||143%|
|Sodium 170 mg||7%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
- Click here for easy-to-follow instructions on how to hard-boil eggs properly.
- Eat this easy-to-make egg salad by itself, or between two slices of your favorite bread with crisp lettuce and/or a fresh slice of tomato for a quick and tasty sandwich.