- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Easy Eggnog Cake Recipe
Ready to whip up a delcious eggnog cake?
Eggnog isn't just for drinking.
My grandma sent me a recipe for eggnog cake, but it used a cake mix. Now, the recipe I am providing here isn't the healthiest of recipes, but it definitely has a lot less processed ingredients than a mix does.
Plus, it is the holidays: indulge in a bit of eggnog cake.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2-3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp.salt
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1-1/4 cup eggnog
- Allow the butter and eggs to sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before preparing the cake batter.
- Preheat the oven to 350º. Lightly oil a fluted cake pan (oil and flour one that isn't non-stick).
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter with an electric mixer for 30 seconds.
- Add the sugar and vanilla, beating until fluffy (a few mintues at least).
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating for 1 minute after each addition. (Don't forget to scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.)
- Alternately add the flour mixture and eggnog to the butter mixture, beating after each addition until combined.
- Pour batter into the preprared pan and bake for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan, on a wire rack, for15 mintues. Remove the cake from the pan, and let cool completely on the rack.