- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Easy Healthy Chicken Salad Recipe
MY Favorite Way to Make Chicken Salad
I love chicken salad, but I don't love a ton of mayo, nor do I enjoy raw celery and onions. Here is my take on a healthy version of chicken salad for sandwiches or wraps.
Please feel free to leave comments with suggestions for altering the recipe :)
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, grilled and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 to 3/4 crisp apple, chopped into small pieces
- 1 heaping teaspoon walnuts, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried cranberries
- 2 teaspoons nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon light mayo
What to do
- Grill one boneless skinless chicken breast (I prefer to use my George Foreman grill for most things). After the chicken breast is fully cooked, put it in the fridge until it cools down.
- Once the chicken breast has cooled, cut it into small to medium sized pieces and place in a bowl.
- Chop 1/2 to 3/4 of an apple (crisp apples are best) and add to the bowl.
- Add 1 heaping tablespoon of chopped walnuts and 2 tablespoons of dried cranberries to the bowl. Mix the ingredients together.
- Add 2 tablespoons of fat free Greek yogurt and 1 tablespoon of light mayo to the bowl and stir all ingredients together until well mixed.
- Serve on a croissant or bread as a sandwich, or make into a wrap.
My Favorite George Foreman Grill
I own 3 George Foreman grills, and this is my absolute favorite. It is big enough to cook up to about 6 hamburgers or 3-4 chicken breasts. I enjoy seeing all of the nasty fat in the tray because I know that I am not eating it. It is big, but not too big to fit on the counter. I can't say enough good things about this grill. It is easy to clean and a fantastic addition to the kitchen of anyone who enjoys simple cooking and kitchen products with multiple uses.