Easy & Healthy Whole Wheat Banana Muffin Recipe
Want a quick, fun and yet totally healthy dessert to satisfy that
sweet tooth? Look no farther than these absolutely yummy whole wheat
banana muffin recipe! I did this recipe on the go and wasn’t really
sure if it would be a hit or miss, so I only made 6 muffins, however,
feel free to double the recipe for more. Yes, you WILL need to do that
because they disappear SO fast!
Why Whole Wheat?
Refined flour is completely devoid of fiber and other essential
nutrients that are found in whole wheat. Further more, refined flour
has been proved to be an addictive substance and can contribute
obesity. Whole wheat is a much healthier option that can keep you full
for a longer time and thus help you avoid overeating that leads to
unnecessary weight gain.
More and more people are coming to realize the dangers of refined
flour, and though we may try avoid refined flour as much as possible,
treats like cakes and muffins may seem out of bounds. But I always
say, anything that can be made with refined wheat flour, can just as
well be made with whole wheat – and yes, there will be differences in
taste, but to me, whole wheat bakes are far tastier simply because
there is no regrets or guilty-feelings involved.
How to: Whole wheat banana muffin recipe
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 25 min
Ready in: 35 min
Yields: 6 healthy whole wheat banana muffins
• 1 cup whole wheat flour
• 6 tablespoons brown sugar
• 4 tablespoons grassfed/homemade butter
• 1 free range egg
• 1 banana (I used 2 chiquita bananas)
• 2 pinches cardamom powder
• ½ teaspoon baking powder
• 18 raisins (3 for each muffin)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. In a blender, powder the brown sugar. Add in the butter and blend
3. Crack an egg, add the baking powder and cardamom powder and blend
4. Pour the mixture into a mixing bowl and add in the mashed bananas.
5. Add the flour and mix it thoroughly to get a smooth batter. If it
is a bit thick, you may add free range milk until you get such a
6. Grease the muffin tins with a little butter and dust it with a
little whole wheat flour.
7. Start scooping in the batter, halfway into the muffin tin.
8. Lightly press 3 raisins into each raw muffin.
9. Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
10. Allow baked muffins to cool down for 5 minutes.
11. Enjoy with a cup of hot chocolate!
1. Fluffy muffins. The Secret to extra fluffy
muffins is to powder the brown sugar completely and then blend it with
the butter thoroughly. This helps in creating soft, moist and fluffy
2. Don’t fill the muffin tin completely. When you’re filling in your
batter, make sure not to fill it all the way to the top. You need to
leave room for the batter to rise as its cooking. Fill each muffin tin
½ or ¾ of the way for perfect-looking muffins.
3. The riper, the better! The key ingredient in this recipe –
bananas, should be fully ripened for moist and drool worthy muffins.
4. Use organic/local/free range ingredients. What makes this recipe
different and healthier than other recipes is using local eggs, free
range milk and brown sugar. I made my own homemade butter using free
range milk for this recipe.
5. Go wild with your dips/sauces. These muffins are perfectly delicious
on their own but you can always slather on a li’l fresh butter, apple
sauce, cacao sauce, or any other healthy dips of your choice.
More Easy-Peasy Recipes!
- Easy DIY: How to make Peanut Butter at Home
Did you know that it's SUPER easy to make peanut butter at home - even if you've never done it before! Sans the preservatives, white sugar and hydrogenated oils found in store bought peanut butter?!
- Healthy Dessert Recipe: Pistachio Date Fudge
Looking for an easy to make, effortless and cheap dessert to wow your friends and family? Search no more! With this festive and healthy dessert recipe, you can't go wrong. Try Pistachio Date Fudge!
- Easy DIY: How to make Sesame Butter at Home
Ah, Sesame Butter! It's smooth, it's creamy, it's SWEET and it's absolutely delicious! Sesame seeds are tiny powerhouses bursting with health benefits. Learn how to make sesame butter at home - easy!
- Super Easy Vegan Cookie Recipe | Oatmeal Banana Bites
It's hard to find an easy vegan cookie recipe that's equally as delicious, but these oatmeal banana cookies have won my heart, and are bound to win your heart, too! Try it and they'll become your fave