- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
An Easy Holiday Chocolate Fudge Recipe | The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book
The coming Holidays generate more and more things to do so time becomes a precious commodity. Here is a Fudge Recipe from “The Cupboard Drawer” that can be done in less than 30 mins and lets you put some love into the Holiday Treats, For mailing I like to use a foil pan and once set just wrap the whole thing in aluminum foil and box it up with a Bow and Tag for your troop or child who can’t be there with you. Cook the Love in they will taste it!
½ Cup Butter
2 pkgs (4 oz) Chocolate Pudding mix
½ Cup Milk
1 LB Confections sugar, sifted
2 tsp Vanilla
½ Cup Nuts of your choice Chopped (Walnuts, or Cashews are the ones I like best, but Almonds or Macadamia are really good as well)
Walnut Halves if desired
- Butter coat a 10 X 6 Baking dish, set aside (PAM will work but not as good)
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt the Butter, stir in the pudding mix, and the milk. Heat to boiling and boil for 1 minute stirring constantly
- Remove from heat; beat in the confectioners’ sugar, stir in the vanilla and chopped nuts.
- Pour in to the prepare dish, Garnish the top with the walnut halves if desired.
- Chill before serving, or mailing.
Yield: 24 1 ½ inch squares
Variation: Use a ½ cup of Shredded coconut instead of nuts,
or mix ¼ cup of each.This will also work in candy molds if you want to do special shapes.