- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
How to Cook Kale Chips
Kale is an extremely delicious, versatile super-food that most people walk right by at the grocery store simply because they have never had the pleasure of eating kale. Recently kale has been gaining popularity due to its extremely high nutritional value and low calorie and fat qualities. Even with kale gaining traction many people still pass up this dark green, leafy vegetable because cooking with it intimidates them. Have to fear and next time you are at the store dare to grab a bag of kale and try out one - or all - of these simple yet delicious kale recipes.
Kale Nutritional Facts - 1 cup - 36 Calories
The table above includes just a couple of the vitamins provided in abundance in just 1 cup of cooked kale. By glancing at this table it is easy to see why this delicious green vegetable is a superfood.
Baked Kale Chips
Kale chips are a delicious way to fit kale into your diet. These chips only require 3 ingredients and an oven.
You will need
- 1 Head Kale, Rinsed
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- Sea salt, Add to taste
Rate this recipe
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees
- Remove the ribs, or stems, from the kale
- Place your kale on a baking sheet and toss light with olive oil and salt to taste Feel free to add any other spices you enjoy. I sometimes add a pinch of garlic powder
- Try to make sure the leaves do not overlap too much and lay flat
- Flip leaves about 10 minutes through