Easy Lobster Linguine
Lobster is such a lovely shellfish with a sweet delicate flavour that is perfect on its own or great with other subtle flavours as to celebrate and enhance the flavour of the lobster. Lobster does have some nutritional benefits being that its high in protein and low in fat and calories. Lobster is also high in omega-3, B vitamins and zinc, however be aware it can be high in cholesterol. Lobster is also much easier to prep and remove the meat from the shell unlike crab which can be quite time consuming and tick at times. This dish is great as you only need 2 lobsters which will go a long way in this pasta dish, plus you can reserve the shells (and freeze) for making a delicious stock or bisque in another dish. If you are feeling very ambitious you can also make your pasta fresh which would definitely make this a winning dish, but good quality dried or gluten free pasta works just as well to make this a quick and delicious dish suitable for everyone.
- 2 Cooked Lobsters (aprox 450g each)
- Small Bunch Basil, Chopped fine (reserve a little for garnish)
- Small Bunch Parsley, Chopped fine (reserve a little for garnish)
- 75g Butter
- 125ml Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Garlic Cloves (sliced thinly)
- 5 Vine-Ripened Tomatoes, descended and diced
- 1/2 Red Chilli - to tase
- 1 Lemon - to serve, (Optional)
- 500g Pasta (I used GF)
- Firstly prep your lobster. I find the best way is to remove the tail from the lobsters head first and then proceed to cut the lobster length ways with a sharp knife. This way you can remove all the beautiful meat from the shell and what little bit is still in the head. Once you have removed all the meat from the lobsters and chopped roughly place in the fridge to keep cool. (Or refer to the tube video included on how to remove meat from Lobster below).
- Chop all ingredients so when your ready to start cooking its all ready to go straight in the pan as cooking time is only quick up to 10 minutes.
- Heat butter and oil in a large saucepan (low to medium heat) and add the garlic. Stir until it is pale golden, mixture may appear to foam a little which is normal - keep stirring for around 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and stir through, leave this to simmer for a minute or two and in another large pan put the pasta on to cook (follow packet instructions).
- Once the tomatoes have started to break down add the basil, parsley, lobster meat and chilli and cook for about 5 minutes to make a smoother sauce, keep warm until pasta is cooked.
- Drain the pasta reserving a bit of the water and stir the pasta into the sauce adding a little of the water or extra olive oil if necessary.
- Divide the pasta between 4 bowls and garnish with fresh basil and parsley and a squeeze of lemon juice if desired….then enjoy.
How to remove meat from a lobster, video from Great British Chefs
|Calories from Fat||423|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 47 g||72%|
|Carbohydrates 97 g||32%|
|Sugar 4 g|
|Protein 30 g||60%|
|Sodium 346 mg||14%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|