- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Fusion Cooking - Chinese Inspired Meatloaf
Easy Meatloaf - Chinese Style
Easy Meat Loaf – Chinese Style
Are you tired of eating the same old meat loaf? Are you looking for a different recipe with exciting new flavors? Do you like Chinese food? Here is a recipe that combines a mixture of ground pork and beef with Chinese mushrooms, water chestnuts, scallions and soy sauce.
The glaze is a mixture of hoisin sauce, mustard and brown sugar. The result is unlike any meat loaf that you have ever tasted before.
Of course if you do not eat red meat, you can easily substitute ground turkey or chicken. You can serve it with Chinese fried rice or you can use traditional side dishes like potato salad or scalloped potatoes.
60 Minutes / 10 Minutes
350 F / 400 F
1 Lb. of Lean Ground Beef
1 Lb. of Ground Pork
6 Chinese Mushrooms (Soak in hot water, remove the stems and mince)
1 Small Can of Water Chestnuts (drained and coarsely chopped)
3 Scallions (minced including the green parts)
I Cup of Panko Breadcrumbs with ¼ cup of water added
2 Large Cloves of Garlic (peeled and minced)
1 Tablespoon of Soy Sauce
1 Teaspoon Sesame Seed Oil
Pepper to taste
Meat Loaf Glaze:
½ Cup Hoisin Sauce
2 Tablespoons Dark Brown Sugar
1 Tablespoon salad Mustard
Mix these ingredients in a small bowl or cup until smooth.
- Place the ground meat mixture in a large mixing bowl and form a depression in the middle.
- Add the egg and then the rest of the ingredients.
- Thoroughly mix the ingredients with your hands and form one large or two small loaves and place them in oiled meat loaf pans.
Bake the loaves at 350 F for one hour until nicely browned. Turn the oven up to 400 F, brush on the glaze and cook for 10 more minutes.
Serve with potato salad, scalloped potatoes, or mashed potatoes with creamed cucumbers and onions.
What is Fusion Cooking?
- What is Fusion Cooking and Cuisine? An Explanation and Recipe Examples
Fusion cooking is essentially a mixing of food cultures and cuisines. It is about taking the best of two or more culinary disciplines and combining them to hopefully find a delicious hybrid of the two. This page explores the concept in greater detail
- Fusion cuisine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
What is Hoisin Sauce?
- Hoisin Sauce - What is Hoisin Sauce? - Definition of Hoisin Sauce
Hoisin sauce is a Chinese barbeque-like sauce common in vegetarian Asian cooking.