- Food and Cooking
Easy Mince and Spuds
This is a recipe our friends in Ireland gave to us about 2 years ago now, and it makes a delicious meal in a very short time. In this recipe, I use gravy granules, but if you have the time, you can make the gravy yourself.
- 200g Frozen mixed veg
- 450g Beef mince
- 100-200ml gravy
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 8 medium potatoes, roughly chopped
- Start by peeling and chopping the potatoes, and put them on to boil. These will be for the mashed potato (Spuds part!)
- In a large pan, lightly fry the mince until it has browned.
- Add the onion, and lightly fry for another 2-4 minutes.
- Add the vegetables. They do not need to be defrosted, as they do not take too long to cook.
- Once these have been on the heat for about 5 minutes, add the gravy. Make sure the mixture is slightly watery.
- Add seasoning, and then simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Strain the potatoes, add a small amount of milk and butter, and mash. Be careful not to add too much, as it will go soggy and disintegrate in the gravy.