Easy Noodles Recipe - DIY Pot Noodle!
How Easy Is This Easy Noodles Recipe?
Noodles are a very easy food to cook and below are a selection of easy noodle recipe ideas that can be done in 2-3 minutes, even in the smallest of kitchens.
You don't even have to make your own noodles, since they are readily available in packet form, as fresh noodles from your local supermarket. Many people are familiar with Ramen noodles - and most supermarkets will have their own version of these cheap noodles which can be used.
- 1/4 pint boiling water, (max. Add slowly, as required)
- 1 packet instant noodles, (25g dried)
Note: the size of these instant noodles packets will vary - and you can even cook 2-3 packets at a time if you are catering for more people.
The amount of water you add can be adjusted as you're cooking, to give you the right consistency.
Method 1: Easy Instant Noodles Recipe in the Microwave
- Open the packet of noodles, inside you will find a sachet of powdered seasoning. Remove the packet of seasoning and place the noodles into a microwavable dish. (Note: I usually break up the noodles before I open the packet by bending the packet and bashing it - this makes it easier to fit the noodles into the dish I use.)
- Open the seasoning sachet and sprinkle it over the noodles.
- Slowly pour boiling water over the noodles - wetting as much of the surface of the noodles as possible and making sure all the seasoning sachet has been wetted.
- Cover your microwave dish and microwave on full power for 1 minute. Remove the noodles from the microwave, stir them so any dried parts are covered by the water. Microwave for a further 30 seconds. Stir and repeat microwaving for 20-30 seconds at a time until the noodles are cooked, adding in a few more splashes of water if you wish.
- Serve immediately. If you are alone, you can save on washing up by eating directly from your microwave dish. If you are serving a group of people and are microwaving 2-3 packets at a time you might like to scoop the noodles into a serving bowl.
If you're looking to make your noodles into a main snack meal, why not try mixing them with any one of:
- a small tin of tuna or salmon
- frozen or tinned peas
- red kidney beans
- a hard boiled egg, chopped into chunks
Method 2: Easy Noodles Recipe for a Packed Lunch
If you want to take noodles to work, for lunch, or on a hike, it couldn't be easier. I use a food flask to keep noodles hot - a food flask has a wide mouth, making it easy to eat noodles, or soups, directly from the container. You can use a regular food flask with this method, it's just trickier to eat as the neck is narrow so you'll have to pour the noodles into a bowl to eat.
There are, now, some great new Noodle Bowls from the Systems Klip It range which are designed for hot noodle lunches.
- Break up your packet of instant noodles (before you open the packet).
- Open the packet, remove the seasoning sachet and place the broken instant noodles into your food flask.
- Sprinkle the contents of the seasoning sachet onto your noodle pieces..
- Slowly pour boiling water into your food flask, coating the dry noodles with hot water.
- Place the flask lid on and give it a shake, to make sure the hot water inside is coating all the noodles and mixing up the seasoning sachet.
- Leave the noodles for a minimum of 30 minutes, maximum 5 hours, and eat when you're ready for a hot lunch.
DIY Pot Noodle
If you've ever bought a Pot Noodle you'll know there's not a lot to it! Indeed, one packed of cheap dried noodles will make you about TWO of your own DIY Pot Noodles. These are a lot cheaper and you get real value for money for just a few seconds' extra effort
All you do is:
- Use your favourite instant noodles pack.
- Break the noodle pack in half
- Add some frozen/defrosted, or dried, vegetables of your choosing
- Add half a teaspoon of your own favourite flavour: curry powder, or cayenne powder, or garam masala
- Add your boiling water, cover the pot you're using, wait! Stir, serve.
- Optional: add in half a teaspoon of a tasty chutney, eg Mango Chutney with the curry powder
What I will often do is remove the seasoning sachet in the pack and, instead, add my own spices and herbs - I add the things I like instead. All you need to use is:
- 1 teaspoon of your preferred spices/seasonings, or
- 1 teaspoon of any hot sauces you like
Simply add these instead (or as well as) of the seasoning sachet before you add the water.
I have two Sistema microwave mugs and I make up two at a time. These are great as they come with a lid, perfect for holding the heat in while the noodles are softening.
I just break up the packets and pop them into these handy microwave mugs, which can be purchased easily from local supermarkets or discount shops, or even online for a range of colours!