- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes»
- Quick & Easy Dinners
Easy Pasta Recipes
During a busy week or after a long day, I always find the easiest thing to throw together for dinner is pasta. Sometimes life gets very busy, and it feels like I’m throwing the same old pasta dishes together all the time. Everyone complains, including me, so I try to mix it up a bit with different dishes. The key is finding a recipe or creating something that is as easy as the same old thing you usually make because the whole point is that you are making them when you are busy.
One of the simplest things you can do is simply switch your sauce and/or your style of pasta. If you use a premade pasta sauce, try to buy a couple of different kinds. Instead of the same old spaghetti noodles, you can use pastas of different shapes, sizes, and colors. Changing these basic things can really make a huge difference.
Find "Fast" Recipe Cookbooks
Some Easy Recipes
Orange Pasta Sauce with Linguine
¼ cup green onions, finely chopped
¾ cup dry white wine
1 cup heavy cream
2/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
2 tbs. orange rind, grated
1 package of linguine
1. In a pot, combine the green onions and white wine. Boil them together for about 9 minutes, until it boils down to about 1 tbs.
2. Meanwhile, begin to prepare you linguine noodles according to the package directions.
3. Add the heavy cream to the onion mixture, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cook for 5 more minutes.
4. Stir in Parmesan until the sauce is smooth. Add the grated orange rind.
5. Immediately toss over the cooked linguine.
Creamy Tomato Fettuccine
1 -14½ oz. can stewed tomatoes
½ cup heavy whipping cream
¼ cup fresh parsley, minced
1 ½ tsp. fresh basil, minced
4 cups cooked fettuccine (according to package directions)
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1. In a large pan, bring the tomatoes to a boil.
2. Reduce the heat, and stir in the cream, parsley, and basil. Salt and pepper to taste.
3. Heat the sauce through, and then toss it with the pasta and sprinkle with cheese.
Simple Tomato Sauce
2 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 celery stalk, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
salt and pepper, to taste
2 -32 oz. cans crushed tomatoes
4 -6 basil leaves
2 dried bay leaves
4 tbs. unsalted butter
Your choice of pasta
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan, and sauté the onion, garlic, celery, and carrot together for about 5 minutes.
2. Stir in the basil and bay leaves, followed by the crushed tomatoes. Allow to simmer for about ten to fifteen minutes.
3. Use a food processor or hand held blender to puree the mixture (removing the bay leaves first).
4. Return the sauce to heat, and stir in the butter until melted.
5. Serve over any pasta, and sprinkle with cheese.