Easy Peasy Pancake Toast Made Easy!
We are always trying to get our kids to eat nourishing, nutritious and healthy meals for their energetic lifestyles. This dish is healthy and well balanced for kids, not forgetting the parents. Your kids are going to love having it for breakfast, lunch, supper or dessert.
- 1 ready-made raisin, fruit, buttermilk or plain loaf of bread
- 5 extra large eggs, whisked
- 250ml milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cardamom powder
- oil for frying
- Using a mixing bowl, add the eggs, whisk well
- Add milk, cinnamon and cardamom mix well
- Heat non-stick frying pan to moderate heat, add 5 tablespoons oil
- Take a slice of bread, dip into batter
- Strain the excess batter onto another slice of bread
- Fry each battered slice for at least 3 minutes on both sides
- Add oil in tablespoon measures when necessary after every second slice
- Drain excess oil from pancake on a paper towel
- Using a cookie cutter make fun shapes on the bread
- Side of sliced avocado, baked veggies, grilled chicken nuggets
- For breakfast with a side of freshly sliced fruit
- For dessert with a scoop of your favourite ice cream
Syrup is optional, as the dish has sweetness from the raisins and fruit
For interesting information on the spices I used and its benefits, refer to the link provided below
- Sing With Me: “Sugar and Spice With All Things Nice, and That’s What Herbal Remedies Are Made Of…”
Sugar and spice are packed with natural remedies. Here are some good to know facts...