Easy Poppy Seed Cake
Delicious easy poppy seed cake
- 1lb 2 1/2-ounce package cake mix, without pudding in mix
- 3 3/4-ounce french vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttery-flavor oil
- 1/2 cup cream sherry
- 1/3 cup poppy seeds
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, sour cream, oil, sherry and poppy seeds in large mixing bowl, stirring to blend. Beat at medium speed 5 minutes ( about 700 strokes by hand ) , scraping sides of bowl frequently.
- Pour into greased 10-inch bundt pan. Bake at 350 degrees 1 hour. Cool in pan on rack about 15 minutes. Turn out on cake plate; cool completely before cutting. Yields 1 10-ounce cake, 12 to 16 servings.