Easy Pulled-Pork Sandwiches
I love the type of meal that is quick, easy, and requires minimal ingredients (or ingredients that I can easily find in the pantry!) That's why I make pulled-pork at least once a month - it is savory and so incredibly easy to make. If you are trying to impress your family on a delicious home cooked meal that tastes like it came out of a restaurant, this should be one of your go-to recipes!
- 3 pound pork shoulder, (or any pork you can get your hands on!)
- 2 bulbs chopped up garlic
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 5 squirts BBQ Sauce, (or related sauce)
- 3 squirts Ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Half cup Vinegar, (White, Balsamic...)
- Place all ingredients (except the buns!) into your slow cooker
- Turn the slow cooker on low heat
- After 9 hours, check on your pulled-pork - you should be able to take two forks and shred the pork up easily. If not, let it remain in the slow cooker for a bit longer (check up on it as needed until it reaches the proper consistency).
- Serve up your pulled pork on some nice fresh buns, with your favorite sides!
You'll notice in my ingredients list that I am fairly open to what you can toss in with your pulled pork. Honestly - it is hard to mess up pulled pork because it is all about the consistency of the pork. If you throw together various ingredients to form sauces that you normally like that go well together (different spices like paprika, nutmeg, oregano, Worcester sauce, spicy sauce, mustard, you name it!), the recipe will be your creation. Go out and explore and try out some new recipe of ingredients to throw in with your sauce. It'll be easy, delicious and not much clean up required either! ;) AND you can call it your own recipe :) The guests will be calling for more!